CIPPlanner Corporation’s market “offering” includes both solutions and services. As various CIPAce™ framework comprise our flagship solutions, System Implementation Services is the principal service offered by CIPPlanner Corporation to deploy these solutions. And we embody over twenty years and $250 billion of managed capital projects / programs experience in our approach to this service.
A typical system implementation services effort involves Peer-To-Peer Coordination between customer and CIPPlanner resources.
Critical to this is an engaged organizational Sponsor on the customer side to ensure necessary commitments enable project success. On the CIPPlanner side, a Project Director guarantees the right domain/IT resources to effectively deliver solutions.
We follow a 9-point company-wide implementation strategy drives execution across diverse customers.
Tailor System Design
Tailor system design to client’s business processes with a focus on improving users’ experience.
Sprint-based approach to ensure quality and timely delivery of milestone functions/modules.
Initial sandbox demos to help users to gain general understanding of CIPAce™.
Step-by-step scripts for module-based User Acceptance Test (UAT).
Module-based walkthroughs to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) upon configuration and internal QC & testing.
End User Testing
End users perform UAT following associated script and with help from SMEs.
Complete set of scripts to assist with end-to-end final UATs.
Extensive training sessions with a well-defined go-live plan & hands-on training for both end users and system administrators.
Comprehensive User Reference Manual, Training Videos, etc. to meet individual users’ post go-live/on-going needs.
Agile (Sprint) Lifecycle/PM
We follow Agile (Sprint) best practices for project lifecycle management. CIPPlanner incorporates:
- Process/Module scoping
- Iteration planning and backlog grooming
- Configuration and development
- Backlog change management
- End of Sprint Retrospectives
- Parallel data migration, where possible, to accelerate implementation schedule.
As the graphic illustrates, our Agile execution utilizes standard Sprint conventions that enable CIPPlanner to move along a pathway to Discover, Deliver, and Operate. Within each Sprint:
- The project team begins by establishing the Backlog, an itemization of deliverables.
- Iteration Planning ensures consensus on the work and deliverables; We encourage a written sign-off on these commitments to strengthen our business relationship with our customers.
- The Develop stage within a given Sprint consist of clarifying requirements, translating them into specifications, and ultimately performing any necessary configurations that satisfy customer needs. Again, our Off-The-Shelf solutions typically satisfy the lion’s share of requirements. However, CIPAce™ is highly configurable to fill the gaps where such are discovered. During this stage, CIPPlanner delivers best practice artifacts such as process models, user requirements, gap analysis, and configuration analysis.
- During Showcase, we present our proposed solutions against the specified scope of a given Sprint.
- User Testing enables customer to test and verify functionalities and features delivered in a sprint in test environment. Kick the tires, so to speak. We provide customers with detailed test scripts and only consider success by way of signoff on the User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Retrospective concludes each Sprint, allowing customers and CIPPlanner to review what has been accomplished. We take from this exchange necessary insights to help scope and further improve execution of the upcoming Sprint.
Every single CIPPlanner project starts with a well thought out plan that ties deliverables to the contract. Our experience has informed the need to a Project Kickoff Meeting to get the overall System Implementation started on the right footing.
Our planning encompasses four focus areas:
° Project charter
° Implementation methodology
° Implementation team
° Roles – (RACI)
° Communication Plan
° Project schedule
° Identify human resources
° Material preparation and study
° CIPP walks through out-of-the-box system
° Stakeholders/SMEs business process review
° Identify potential risks and mitigation plans
° Sprint planning (set and prioritize backlog list)
° Establish tools e.g., PM, analysis/design, etc.
° Top-level Sponsors and CIPPlanner are critical
° Functional experts are task-focused
|Keys to Success|
° Clear project goals and scope
° Defined roles and responsibilities
° Customer focused mindset and feedback driven processes
° Time sensitive, resist delays, and adhere to established project schedule
° Effective communication. Flexible channels for communication (on-site,
° Set principles and guidelines for issue resolution. Resolve issues within
agreed upon timeframe
° Maximize CIPPlanner online support portal for document management
and project schedule management
Methodology discipline is not an option. It’s central to our system implementation services commitment. Stage tasks adhere to industry best practices:
|The Analysis & Design Stages|
° Discuss and analyze system requirements
° Discuss and design system solutions
° CIPP develops System Configuration Analysis Documents (SCAD)
° Stakeholders review and approve SCAD
|Development & Testing Stages|
° CIPP configures system based on approved SCAD
° CIPP QA tests new features of the sprint
° CIPP provides user acceptance testing script draft
° Subject experts clarify requirements as needed basis
|Training & UAT Stages|
° CIPP provides training and demo
° Stakeholders conduct user acceptance testing
° Issues & backlogging
° Sprint review
° Stakeholders and CIPPlanner:
1) Review the progress of the sprint
2) Tweak the project schedule
3) Backlog items
4) Perform change management e.g., adjust implementation schedule/process if needed
Contact us for any questions about our System Implementation services approach. We welcome the opportunity to hear about your need, set up a demonstration, and collaborate on a solution.